We celebrated by throwing her a birthday party, complete with tons of friends, presents, cake, ice cream, party bags and balloons coming out her ears. I know she had a wonderful time and I, other than being tired, was completely at ease. I guess that's what comes of following the old KISS adage: Keep It Simple, Stupid! The girls all showed up in Princess dresses and we took tons of pictures. Then we ate (chicken tenders and cheese puffs), had cake and ice cream (chocolate butter cream and Italian ices). We beaded necklaces with fun, colorful beads and opened presents. In between, we had lovely princesses running around, playing upstairs and having a good time! I wish that my only job had been to take pictures so that I would have some tres jolie pics for you but as Mom-in-charge, my responsibilities prevented it.:( Where is Aunt Liz when you need her?!!!:)
Bryan, my dad, his dad, AIJ and my nephew took off for the afternoon. I decided that Bryan made the right decision as I KNOW that the screaming during the event would not have gone over well! They all went putt putt golfing instead: Bryan won. Apparently AIJ and nevvy tried to follow the rules for the first three holes but then keyed in on the "get the ball in the hole" rule and would run down, place the ball next to the hole and knock it in! My dad retaliated for this stroke of genius by giving them a 5 stroke score on every hole.
Thank you Lord for my lovely family. I am blessed everyday to be a part of what You are doing here. You are so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment