Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas is over...

Christmas is over but I don't want to put away the tree(s). I love the twinkling lights and the golden glow late at night when all the other lights are out. We bought a new tree this year that fits better into the great room. It's huge and beautiful. We put the other tree in our bedroom. In all our years in the Warren house, we usually put the tree in our bedroom for room's sake and we missed having the romantic glow of the Christmas tree before we went to bed.
This was a different Christmas for us. We had celebrated "Thanks-mas" with my family in November so this year we just had Grandma and Grandpa and Great-Grandma down from Warren to our house for Christmas Day. It was...smaller, in that way:). I missed seeing my siblings and enjoying the LOUD activities, discussions, life of a Snyder Family Christmas. I'm sure in many ways, Bryan appreciated the silence.:) We've noticed that those from smaller homes tend to find the Snyder way of life a little overwhelming!:) But God has indeed blessed us on both sides, small and large. We thank Him for all that He taught us in 2008 and look forward to what He has for us in 2009. May Christ be glorified in us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Noelle, I LOVE the name of your blog! We simply must find time to get together and chat more. At least make me remember to have our annual chocolate party and invite you! We missed last year but had done 3 in a row in February/Marchish timeframe. I really want to get back to it this year. It's so much fun--just girls (sometimes a baby or two) and chocolate and gabbing and games! Everyone brings a chocolate dish and a couple of people bring cheese/crackers or veggies/dip to break the sweet up a bit. Anyway, if you ever want to share a cup of hot chocolate, bring the kiddies my way and they can play in our cramped, toyed up apt whilst you and I enjoy a crazy cup!

Mom25Munchkins said...

Oooo, a Chocolate party sounds wonderful! Just let me know!:)
and I'll be taking you up on that crazy cup one of these days! Just need to get my life in order again!:)