Some of you have expressed curiosity about BA's birth story. It is as follows:
Many of you know that we moved last year. So when we found out we were pregnant, we decided that we needed to find an OB who was closer. We found Dr. Mohinder Singh through a friend at our church. We had an uneventful pregnancy, just nausea throught the first tri-mester and worse heartburn than I had before experienced.
He told me at about 35 weeks (I was at a 2) that he didn't think I would go to my due date (11/15, same as Ilsa's due date, btw). I told him that I didn't think he should say that to a pregnant woman as I have had too many friends get told that and then they get cranky and discontent when they don't go into labor.:D But he insisted. So for his sake and for Bryan's, I packed bags for the kids and myself and we got the bassinet together, with me going back and forth, thinking I would go and telling myself I wouldn't.
On Saturday night at 3:30am, I got up to go to the bathroom and my water broke. Having never experienced that naturally and being sleep-fogged, I wasn't quite sure what had happened. Being the techy geeks that we are, we hit the web to find out the "symptoms" of water breakage. Well, correction: Bryan hit the web. I tried to go back to sleep because 3:30 is WAY TOO EARLY to be doing anything, much less having a baby. However with having to call his parents and mine and waiting for them, it was impossible to sleep.
Bryan called the nurse's station at the hospital and had them in stitches. Seriously. A couple days later they still remembered his call. They told us to come in. So when his parents got to our house around 6, we left for the hospital. I should've stopped to eat. Really, I should've. I knew they weren't going to let me eat at the hospital 'til I had this kid. NTS.
Anyway, I got in, they started the pitocin (my contractions are never regular w/o it) and I got my epidural. I had thought of trying to have this kid without pain meds but...:) Anyway, I was still at 5 for a long time. Then all the sudden my pain level just shot through the roof. The nurse is saying I should just be feeling pressure, not pain (Dr talk for, it hurts but not really bad). So I'm stuck thinking, "Is it pain or pressure?" "Nope, this is PAIN!". So the Anestesiologist (sp) comes in and gives me a bolis (sp). and THEN they check me. Oh, she went from a 5 to a 10 in 20 mins. Maybe that's why it hurt so much!:) Anyway, the Lord was good (there was a concern that I wouldn't be able to feel to push because of the bolis but it was perfect; knocked the pain back so that I could tolerate it) and BA was born 30 mins later.:) and I was crying, he was beautiful, everything was perfect.:)
So, that is the story of BA's arrival. and we are just loving him. He's so happy! and sweet.:) Unfortunately we have been dealing with bronchiolitus and RSV and now asthma but through it all, God is good!
Testing, testing...
-
I'm testing this out to see if it actually still works (haha!) and where it
feeds. I'm wanting to start blogging again, but mostly so that I can
document o...
No comments:
Post a Comment