I recently bought some Sculpey Eraser Clay for the kids for an art project. What could be better?! Clay that hardens into something useful! and it WAS fun.:)However, I have some caveats:
Don't do elaborate creations. The more "seams" you have, the more danger of loosing an eraser limb or eye or what-have-you. My snake held up the best of the three that were done. I'm trying to glue E.'s and I.'s back together.:(
It would be nice if there were more to the instructions included in the package. I will readily admit to not checking the website but I would've like to have known if I was supposed to leave the erasers on the pencils (the package shows that you can make them to fit on there) while in the oven or remove them like I did. Removing them was somewhat problematic and may have lead to the first problem above.
This isn't a really big thought but just a note. Somehow or other, the stuff did end up removing the top coat to my nail polish. Not a big deal but there it is.
Still, a fun project and if I can keep my kids thinking small enough, we may end up having some erasers after all this is through.:)
p.s. I haven't tried to erase with them at all. I'll let you know!:)
No comments:
Post a Comment