Ugh. As I've looked back on my first posts, they seem kind of...harsh. IDK. Not what I'm going for and not where I want to dwell. It's easy to criticize but harder to lift up. And that's what a little chocolate is for, right? So, here's what I think. I think I'm going to look for that little bit of chocolate from the day, that piece of positivity, that flash of encouragement or goodness that happened and dwell on that. After all, "whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things" (Phil. 4:8).
So...Today we got my daughter's Stanford testing results back. Sometimes as a homeschooler, it's hard to tell what's getting through (especially if your style doesn't include a lot of tests). We've made the decision the last two years to get the kids tested (starting in third grade you can get it done online through Abeka). Last year, her results in math were disappointing to us. Not because she was behind but because we felt she could be doing better. As we explained to her, the issue is not how well she did but how well she could be doing. Fast forward to this year and there is a marked improvement! On a day when we start to questioning things (because while I was schooling the older three, the youngest two were drawing with markers on the window sill), we get a big boost of "good on ya". And I'm grateful to God for that.
So, what's your "little bit of chocolate" from the day? Post below!:)
Testing, testing...
-
I'm testing this out to see if it actually still works (haha!) and where it
feeds. I'm wanting to start blogging again, but mostly so that I can
document o...
No comments:
Post a Comment