Someone close to me is taking up her first year of homeschooling. The public school is not really an option where they are and they cannot afford the private school they were attending; their choices are limited.
She made a comment that I think all us homeschooling moms can understand: "It would be easier just to send them to school". And I have to agree! I'm sure that packing a lunch and getting your kid to/from school has its aggravations but I doubt it can be compared to the aggravation of training 2 or 3 monkies to sit still, engage their brains and LEARN something (Is that part of my homeschooling bias showing?)!:) and the responsibility! ARGH! I think that's probably the scariest part of homeschooling: it is MY responsibility! No shirking off or blaming a teacher or...No, it's me. and so, because it IS me, I need to turn to GOD. I think that is what I have learned this week: my own strength is not equal to the task of teaching my children all they need to know about this world. And so...
Lord, please give me wisdom in how to teach my children and patience with which to do it most effectively. May my love for You and for them shine through Reading, Writing and 'Rithmatic. Please bless our home with kindness and sincerity and love. In my Saviour's name, Amen!
Testing, testing...
-
I'm testing this out to see if it actually still works (haha!) and where it
feeds. I'm wanting to start blogging again, but mostly so that I can
document o...
No comments:
Post a Comment